Stories of the Law of Attraction

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Do I Really Need Another Program, Another Book, Another List?

After seeing the movie, The Secret, I got all excited about this whole concept again.  This manifesting things in my life, conscious living.  So of course I looked up the folks from the movie on the internet and looked at all the cool stuff out there.  I like the idea of making Vision Boards, or Dream Boards (this is where you make a poster of the things you want to achieve/have and then use that to focus your positive energy), so I finally settled on the MindMovies2.0 program.

With MindMovies2.0 I could make movies with stock footage, affirmations and music to make a little multimedia extravaganza out of my Vision Boards.  Sounded like fun, the launch price was half off and included a cornucopia of exciting freebies.

I don't know if MindMovies2.0 is any good, I haven't gotten to it yet.  I downloaded all the free programs, books, audios, went to all the websites, joined the lists to get the freebies... and... well, I just can't get through them all and I haven't even made it back to the movie thing yet.

What strikes me about all this is that manifesting is inherently easy.  There's just not a whole lot to it.  Simply define, visualize with feeling, let it go, act on the opportunities the universe offers and receive.

All these programs promise new information and new secrets to be revealed and all kinds of new fun things, and for the most part, they're all just variations on the same theme.  That's okay though, because I have found that the hardest part about manifesting for me is staying focused, staying positive so that I don't go countering my own intentions with self-defeating thoughts and feelings about my goals.  The down side is that there is so much out there to look at that seems interesting that I'm putting too much attention on the research and not enough attention on just getting my work done.  For example, if I don't finish that book it's never going to get published.  I can pray, meditate, wish, visualize with all the feeling I can muster what a great experience it is to sell that book for a bazillion dollars, but if I never write the book.... nothing happens, how could it?

Now I understand all these fine folks are well meaning.  They've had great gains and positive experiences and they want to share them with you.  They also have goals of their own and this seems a worthy way to give service and get the money they need to manifest the prizes.  I'm just feeling a little overloaded and overwhelmed.  I bought one program that looked fun, and then got bombarded with a whole bunch of others and a constant stream of email shouting at me to ACT NOW! Get it while it's hot!

Every time I see another email about Manifesting and The Secret, the first thought that jumps into my head is, "Do I really need another program?  Isn't this a really simple process?  Could there possibly be some other thing that I've somehow missed?  I don't think so."

I've decided to keep it fun.  Go back to the beginning.  There was a time that I was manifesting consciously and getting amazing results, (see my previous posts).  I can see how my attitudes and ideas have brought about so much in my life, whether I liked it at the time or not.

I really really DON'T need another book, program, or email subscription to remind me to keep on track.  It's great when you're starting something new to immerse yourself in the concepts, but now I'm ready to move on. Pick the fun things, like making Vision Boards and trying out the Mind Movies (finally), and spending the bulk of that precious "free" time actually achieving my goals.

Cheers!
Kelle

1 comment:

  1. No, you don't need another program, email list, or even MindMovies. Holy cow, the positive thinking and energy comes from you and not some so-called innovative movie making program for $1000 to make you a better person. Nope, you are the power! MindMovies had SUCKER written all over it in the guise of Positive Thinking. But who can knock positive thinking because if you knock MindMovies, you're just what the program is supposed to overcome. All it's real going to do is make someone else wealthy. I bet you, a super creative being yourself, could do just as well with the Free Windows Movie Maker (or Apple's iMovie.). Get a refund now Kelle and harness your own positive energy that already resides within yourself.

    ReplyDelete